Welcome to the application for the Charles M. Vest NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering International Scholarships.
To complete the application process, you will need to provide as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed version of the 2018 Vest Scholarship Application Form.
- Electronic transcripts from all post-secondary schools referenced in the application.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from the dean/head of engineering at your current graduate institution, and one from a faculty member who is familiar with your work. Please ask your recommenders to prepare their letters in advance of submitting your application and notify them of the scholarship deadline. For each recommendation, you will also need to:
- Provide an e-mail address for each recommender on your application form
- Contact each recommender directly and supply them with a copy of this recommendation form
- Ensure that each recommender submits your letter as an email attachment to email@example.com
- Please ask your recommenders to prepare their letters in advance of submitting your application, so that the recommendation can be submitted as soon as possible, preferably by the scholarship deadline.
- Personal statement of up to 1,000 words describing why you wish to conduct research in the Grand Challenge area you have selected. Include information on previous experience that has prepared you to conduct this research and how you think the Grand Challenge Scholarship opportunity will help you advance in this work. Prior to submitting your application, you are encouraged to identify and communicate with potential research mentors at your intended U.S. host school.
- OPTIONAL: recent scores on the quantitative, verbal and writing Graduate Record Examinations (please provide scores if available).
REMINDER: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. All documents not written in English must be accompanied by English translations from the issuing institution or a professional translation service.
Please note that if you are selected as a Vest Scholar by one of our participating schools, the institution may require additional information to finalize your acceptance.
Applicants whose primary language is not English may be asked to provide official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) directly to any institution considering their application.
The application form for the 2019-2020 academic year will be available on December 1, 2018.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2018